Personal data policy
Below you can read Mediahuset's personal data policy and how we work with data collection in relation to GDPR. We can summarize it as follows: We do not retain information about you longer than necessary and we do not resell your information to third parties. However, we can save your contact information to be able to contact you again in the future, for example to invite you to a meeting we think would be of interest to you. You can always unsubscribe to this type of mailing.
Last updated 2020-04-14
On the 25th of May 2018, new rules on the protection of personal data were adopted as the new Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. We therefore want to inform you about how we at Mediahuset i Göteborg AB handle information about you in accordance with the new legislation.
To whom does this Personal Data Policy apply?
This personal data applies to you who subscribe to any of our newspapers, products, newsletters or digital services, visit our website or participate in our competitions or events. In this policy we call it "our services" for the sake of simplicity.
The way Mediahuset i Göteborg AB processes personal data may develop over time, so we recommend that you read this policy at regular intervals.
Who is responsible?
Mediahuset i Göteborg AB is responsible for the processing of data that takes place within the framework of our services.
Why is the data processed?
We collect, use and store information about you within the framework of our services to be able to:
- deliver and charge for the services you have purchased and enable good customer service for you as a subscriber, for example to handle inquiries, correct incorrect information or give you information that you have requested or which we need to notify you for any reason. Legal basis: agreement, Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- - give you who are or have previously been a customer access to offers from Mediahuset i Göteborg AB, or from a third party approved by Mediahuset i Göteborg AB. Legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- give you who use our services access to offers from Mediahuset i Göteborg AB, or from third parties approved by Mediahuset i Göteborg AB, among other things in the form of offers that are adapted based on information you have provided about your interests. Legal basis: consent, Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
- produce statistics, measure customer satisfaction and develop our new and existing services, websites and apps. Legal basis: legitimate interest, Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- comply with the requirements of the Accounting Act and similar legislation. Legal basis: legal obligation, Article 6 (1) (c of the GDPR.
What is your legitimate interest in processing information about me?
We process information about you with the support of the legal basis legitimate interest to:
- -give you who are or have previously been a customer access to our offers
- produce statistics, measure customer satisfaction and develop our services, websites and apps
The processing of data that takes place in order to give you who are or have previously been a customer access to offers includes segmentation, profiling and analysis. All marketing takes place in accordance with SWEDMA's ethical rules for marketing and you can choose to refrain at any time.
The information that is processed to produce statistics, measure customer satisfaction and develop our services, websites and apps is, for example, what subscriptions our customers have, postal code, age and the like. The processing takes place only at an aggregate level, which means that information about individual subscribers is not analyzed in more detail.
In both cases, we therefore consider that our interest in processing information about you outweighs the invasion of personal integrity that the processing entails.
What information is collected?
We collect, use and save information such as name, social security number, postal address, telephone and mobile number, e-mail address, IP address and information about bank account numbers, credit cards and other payment information. Information about interests and commitment is also collected in certain contexts. We also collect information about how visitors behave on our website, such as which pages they visit.
How is the data collected?
The informations is mainly collected directly from you who use our services, for example:
- at the time of purchase, eg via the website or telephone
- if you contact us by e-mail, telephone or via our websites
- when you leave your e-mail when subscribing to one of our newsletters
On our websites, information about visitors behavior is collected with the help of analysis tools.
How is the data used?
The information is collected, saved, processed, coordinated, analysed and used in various ways for the purposes described above, for example for delivery, marketing and development of our services.
Mediahuset i Göteborg AB may use information about you to contact you via telephone calls, text message, e-mails, regular mail or other digital channels, such as one of our apps and social media.
Mediahuset i Göteborg AB provides information to our partners in printing, distribution, analysis, customer survey, customer service, payment solutions, marketing and the like when needed to enable us to provide our services or for any of the other purposes described above.
For how long is the data stored?
Information about you is used and stored for as long as necessary for any of the purposes for which we use the information. Here is information on approximately how long you can expect information about you to be used and saved at the longest. If you want to know more or request that we delete information about you in advance, you are welcome to contact our Customer Service.
Certain information must be stored for seven (7) years due to the rules of the Accounting Act.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, information about you will be used and saved until you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
If you have answered any of our surveys, information about you will be used and stored until you choose to withdraw your consent or for up to two (2) years after your subscription has ended.
Can I have access to information about me and change or delete it?
You have the right to access your personal data free of charge. You can also request correction, deletion or restriction of the processing of information about you or object to the processing in another way. You can also request to be allowed to port your information. Contact Customer Service and they will help you.
If your request is manifestly unfounded or unreasonable, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs of handling it. We may also choose not to comply with your request in such a case.
What can I do if I do not want direct mail from you?
You have the right to refrain from direct marketing at any time. You do this either by following the instructions in the marketing messade you have received or by contacting Customer Service.
What can I do if I have views on how the data is processed?
If you have views on how we process information about you, you are welcome to contact our Costumer Service. You can also contact the Data Inspectorate if you want to make a complaint.
You reach our Customer Service at
Mediahuset i Göteborg AB
415 02 Göteborg
tel +46 31 707 19 30